Monday 29 October 2007

Oh no not again - Monday morning...


Okay let us face it, is there a worse day that mondays? for me personally i hate mondays and it does stop or begin there, oh no my friend it already starts sunday at around 16 - 17.00 - this is the time where my depressions are starting to take over my brain.. dont get me wrong it is not that i am a lazy person, okay who am i kidding!! what do i do durring my weekend, well i would love to lie to you a tell you "during the weekend i do all of the important things, that i dont have tim to do during the week!" but i rather not tell you this because that would be a big lie.. what i do during the weekend can be diffined to this, watch movies, eat, work, alternative interactions with my partner (you guess you know what that means right!) shower, sleep, eat some more, sleep some more, do some more interaction with my partner, feed my turtles (seriously i have turtles - wonderfull entertaining animals, they really bring out the father in me!), watch some more movies, work some more and then boom - sunday!!!


this is what sundays looks like to me...


So what is that i hate about sundays - well it strikes me every sunday actually funny enough never seem to be able to get use to it! - it is the absolute feeling of having wasted an entire weekend on absolutely nothing! weekends are for me the closes that i actually get / or having a holiday in the last many - many years... so i see it as my holiday, and i spend it and nothing.. so every sunday i am sitting with this feeling of "you idiot, know what did you do of importance this weekend? what did you achieve?.." answer is of course - nothing!! and this frustrates me - really bad...okay so we have established the fact that i dont like sundays because of the feeling of wasitng my weekend totally on nothing... ah so the smart reader is going something like this "so why dont you just change is - you do you just get up early in the morning..." yeah right "smile to the world and the world smiles back", i really am not that type of person, when i went to university back in Denmark - i had to get up at 5.30 in the morning to be at university at 8.30 - after doing that for a year i swore to myself that a) i would move closer to my university or b) i would leave university without a degree - i choose the first one!


So i dont change my approach to sundays because of this - nope, i dont change it because of my job and my sleeping patterns, "what a silly excuse - martin", no seriously it is true... look at it like this monday to friday - my work is from when i start till my job is over, so that means i come home late in the evening, then i spend a couple of hours relaxing, "switching - off" then i eat something, the watch the news, then i summarize my work, plan for the new day, prepare my cloth (yes i am the type of person that prepare my cloth for work the day before, it is crazy, sometimes i just think about it, other times it is on my chair before going to sleep - it is driving me insane - i got this from my mother!) the i watch a bit of other irrelevant TV then i go to sleep.. then what typically happens is that around 3 - 4.00 in the morning i wake up with an idea... and i have to write it down, concrete example - i am working on a new homepage for our company, and i couldnt really get the design rigth, the layout anything right.. so went to sleep absolutely pissed off - and around 3.30 i was up working on it.. so this week i am going to send it to our vendor - they will program it and prepare the rest, i spend god only knows how much time on it at work, and now during one night i had everything.. okay problem comes in the morning waking up after sleeping a couple of hours, doing this once a week is okay but doing this close to everyday - not very easy...so you have a-type of people, they like to get up in the morning, b-type of people doesnt like to get up in the morning, and then you have the martin-type who does like to go to sleep, and when is sleeping doesnt want to wake up - dilemma....


So you see that working as a marketing nerd is all about being creative, what can we do to improve our image? what can we do to improve our reach of clients? what happens if we change the colours? what happens if..? can we do this..? these are questions that you can sit and talk about for hours in a meeting and nothing comes out of it, our you can let your creativity work first and then do the strategies - the outcome if totally diferent... this is one of the reasons why i love my job...i get to be creative, and i get to do strategies, and i get to do the actual work.... so sundays are not for me - no sir... give me thursdays and fridays... well looking at this week - taking into consideration that there is actually only 4 working days "all saints day" is on thursday - public holiday (what a pity i have to be at home!! - i am being ironinc now!) and combine that with a day of then we are all of a sudden having something looking like a holiday... - but i promise you that you will be able to find you in front of my notebook working.. am i an workaholic... well then i guess the first step in healing myself is to admit that i am one - otherwise i live a life of lies... okay i am a bit of a workaholic - happy...? but hey if i am a workaholic i should love sundays, because a new working week is starting! wow arent you the smart one - okay okay!!! I love sundays because a new working week is starting - you are rigth! but i still hold the rights to get up in the morning - this you can not take away from me....


oh did i mention that my partner is having the alarm on at 5.45 everyday during the working week, so theoretically i am waking up at the same time everyday...it still doesnt mean i cant hate mornings.... so to all of you sunday and monday loving fanatics... keep away from me till at least of lunch time monday...


till our next time, happy monday...

No comments:

 
View blog authority Development and Growth Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory XING