Monday 29 October 2007

A matter of definition Girlfriend versus partner...



okay so today is one of those days - we all have them, they are here to stay.. it is the day where you just dont feel like working - or dont have the brain to work - so i have that today, i am suppose to work on a presentation for the company, deadline is on wednesday, the presentation is re-design the company structure, to make our organization more lean...wow sounds fancy right, well the problem is that today i am simply without energy, had my coffee and my first cigaret (since i dont have an endorsement deal from the company that i buy cigarets from i will not mention the brand - once the endorsement deal comes i will!) but still i am not really awake yet.. weekend is over, having a long week in front of me, so right now i am on a all time low in terms of motivation.. so i was thinking i rather take the time to clear something that has been on my mind for some time now, the question is..


"what is the different between partner and girlfriend?..'


okay i know that it is not such a deep question - but hey it is monday so for me it is rather deep..
I am living with my girlfriend / partner, and have been doing so for around 6 months now, okay it is not at all as in the movies, where everyday is just fantastic, we have our ups and downs, like anybody else i guess.. i would love to hear from someone that only has ups.. - and i would like to know what world they are in... we, my girlfriend / partner figth, argue like anybody else, our problems typically starts with misunderstandings - yes misunderstandings, it is not the typical porblems that we have, well i guess it is - for what man real do understand women, besides homosexuals, i mean men and women are fundementally different, by birth we are different, we - men learn not talk about our emotions, to be strong, to take care of our girl - while girls they learn from birth to spend our money on shoes, cloth and other useless things... okay so when i was younger, and more inmature having a problem or a figth with my girlfriend was equal to me not listening and not paying attention at all, i really couldnt care less, my level of interest in understanding the femal gender was equal to or below 0! no i realized that getting older being in a serious relationship i want to understand more - i want to understand the femal side of the problem, but i guess this is like understanding why Georg bush is still the president in the US - nobody knows. I have the same feeling, i want to understand - but i am simply incapable of understanding... it is not that i dont want to, it is just that my brain is sending the same message as from my notebook - "your brain has encountered some problems and needs to shut down - would you like to send this message.." okay where and to who can i send this message - to my partner... i dont think so! reply would be - that i dont want to understand her, that i am not interested in her, etc... which of course is not true - well not all the time anyways (during champions league however it is true..) - so what to do, well as i said i wish that i could understand my partner more, i wish that i could understand her problems better, but i cant - i wish that i could help more... but then i realized what for women is the obvious, women dont want help from their partner they just wants us to listen... in the beginning my partner told me her problems - and in seconds i told her the solutions and then lets move on, but she wasnt happy, because women knows how to deal with their problems, they just want to talk - honestly why do you think they go to the hairdresser and spend hours there... they of course discuss their problems..

so knowing that women dont want to solve anything and men always want to solve something, this is where the problems begin, so the philisophical question is "to solve or not to solve.." i choose to talk about something else, so this is the story; my partner has some problems, and i listen for some time and then i start to talk about food, or the news or the weather, because i know that she for sure doesnt want to hear my input... so rather not begin anything.. and the types of questions that women can ask you are lethal - they are good - real good!! take questions like "was your ex. better looking than me?", "was she better dressed than me", "are you in contact with her still?" etc.. not to mention the question about old performance... but i guess this is all part of the game...i guess this is the different between partner and girlfriend - my ex. girlfriends never asked me these questions, i guess they really never though about these things, but these questions are important to ask, i see it as my partner cares about me, she wants to know that she is the best thing for me, the right choice for me...so i think what i am saying is that a partner is more serious than just a girlfriend, girlfriends for me is more about short terms, while now with my partner i have to and want to accept her bad sides - to learn more about her, to understand her (i know this will never happen, remember that book, men and women are from different planets - something like that, well it is true!!)

So frankly speaking i guess i am the last person to know that i am actually starting to finally grow up, finally starting to take my relationship more serious, well i guess it happens to all of us, unless of course i chooes to become a holy person - where relationships are not even there...at least that is what i think...so i guess that point i am trying to make is that my relationship is serious and that is the reason why i no longer have a girlfriend - but a partner...wow!

okay so what does this mean for the person martin, well i guess not really a lot, i have to listen, i have to pretend at least, and i cant just walk away from my problems, when they come - we are a team now my partner and i... which reminds me of one time i was trying to explain my partner my point of view on relationships... okay first of all it has to be known that i / we had a bottle of balentines before, so we started talking about our relationship etc, and the question came from my partner,how i see it? so i started, "well you see a relationship between two people is like a symbious between two companies.." already there i should have stopped - can you picture the looks on her face.. but no it got better... "these two companies enters in an agreement to develop a product or a service together to increase their ROI and through this get a higher market share...they do this by agreeing on first what they can give and what they want in return, if what they can give and what they want in return is okay for the other company - then an agreement can be made.. maybe the companies can even merge later on..(merge migth mean more things here okay!!), if the mission of the two companies are not related then no agreement will be signed, and no symbios will be achievable..." i feel so sorry for her - this is the biggest romance killer i have ever made, however you know what happened she listen and said - interesting approach, dont you think it is time for us to go and make this merger....so we did mergering all nigth...

and this is the reason why she is my partner, because she knows my strong sides and she knows my (relatively few) weak sides... and she accepts them... and i accept her strong and weak sides... and this is for me the perfect partnership... so now i guess that our relationship has reached the point of us to start to talk about business model...

till our next time keep booging....

No comments:

 
View blog authority Development and Growth Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory XING