Wednesday 24 October 2007

More about me..

Okay so i promised that i would write some more about myself so here goes.. I was born and raised in Denmark, my family moved around alot so i guess that it was from the beginning normal that i would end up outside Denmark! - however ending up in Slovakia is a chapter in itself.. Okay so school was okay for me nothing special, entered high school like anybody else, finished it - and then came university! - for those of you having had the pleasure (or pain!) of attending university in Denmark knows that it is absolutely dead borring (at least for me - to much theory and no action!!) so i couldnt wait to finish!!! Of course the courses that i attended didnt help as well, anybody with their right mind would never study Economics or / and Pshycology like myself!! I guess i was happy that i was finally finished with my studies, couldnt really use it for anything - as my first "real" boss told me "you think that you are such a hotshot know after finished university - but let me the first to tell you that you know shit!.." that was my first day in my new and secure position as an investment banker!.. i could just feel there future there, sure i had alot of different jobs before that, this one was different - serious dressed, working with real career crackheads.. so the figth becan! i lasted that type of life - almost a year and then i was out of there...and it couldnt go fast enough!!!

After that i did some smaller projects as a consultant for a large international consulting company, learning about how to "help" companies become more successfull by firing alot of people - we called it in consulting terms - "re-structuring"! after that, i spend some years living here and there, Switzerland, England, Bosnia and Serbia.. till one day a friend of mine asked me to come to Slovakia! I dont know if it was luck, good or bad.. but i said yes (after working in Serbia i was actually planning on going back to DK - just got an offer from PWC!) so i came to Slovakia, and to begine with what a mistake, nothing at all was like it was promised: job, salary, apartment - nothing was as it was suppose to be like! - i honestly felt like i made a mistake (it happens that even i make mistakes - not to often, sometime only!) - after some time i change my job started teaching english and mathematics at a private school, after that move again back to consulting, then moved into sales, then back to consulting, so i was playing ping pong between marketing & sales and consulting!

This ping pong between these jobs - has of course given me great experience, new ways of solving problems etc. but i also gave me the opportunity to get involved with my current job in this software company that i work for now!

So all in all during the last many yrs that i have spend in other countries what have i achieved? well i spend God only knows how many days and hours on coaching and trainings of companies (so i am pretty okay with that) - i have delivered international presentation around Europe for the last 3 yrs (so i am pretty alright with that as well) for some of the most influencial companies in the world! and of course all the other soft skills that comes along!! And now finally in my free time i do motivation speeched for students, organizations, etc.. yes it is free and yes i am a person with a big heart!.. but i have to admit between you and me only, standing in front of a group of people really is the best feeling - delivering my presentation - speech!! wow this is i case what makes it all worth it!! - so i guess the choices that i have made till now has not been totally wrong!!

My position is as i already mentioned as the head marketing nerd... meaning i have to make sure that our company increases its value as much as posible and as soon as posible.. pretty easy job, when my budget is less than what i use for food in 1 month! - okay it is not that bad...so this position has taugth me and is forcing me to be more creative, think totally out of the box in terms of how to position a company! and taking into accout that it is a software company, just makes it so much more intense!!!

okay so what i especially want to share with you is my work days in our company - for those of you that are in marketing or planning to get into it.. you might want to have a look here, maybe i can give you some ideas...

Oh and i guess that i dont really mind school that much - because i actually ended up getting a MBA as well - okay are you impressed :-) dont be i was there and it really was a total waste of time for me!!

okay this is it for this time, till next time Salam...

1 comment:

Nils said...

Hej frän København!

 
View blog authority Development and Growth Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory XING