Monday 5 November 2007

Doing it because you can...


Ever wondered what it would be like to say "hi" to a complete stranger, or to wish the clerk in the shop a nice day? have you everthought about doing it just for the fact of doing it? no reasons, just the pure abilities for you being able to do something good for another person, i mean why not, this i believe is the difference between being good and being a better person... i mean hell man, i never wish anybody anything unless i know them or the give me something for free - what can i say i am from denmark, i am not use to that, i come from a country where after living in the same building / apartment for 8 years i never not once talked to my neighbours... i mean not that they were crazy or anything - it is simply not tradition, it is not in our blood if you will! so know i was just wondering why that is - well now i live in an apartment near the center in Bratislava, where there is a bounch of old ladies living as well - and frankly speak they wont shut up - they constantly talk to you when you come or leave, i mean in the beginning it was getting on my nerves, constantly having to talk to people (bare in mind that i am the type of person that during my work day i talk alot - so in the morning or evening i want it to be quite...!!)..know after living the for a period of 6 months i am slowly getting use to it, but it took some time i must admit, until i realisted the obvious, if i just need to say goodmorning or goodevening and these ladies will have a nicer day / evening - then why not...

so after realizing that i am starting to communicate with everybody that cares to listen to me...which sometimes gives me great stories to tell, in the bus in the morning or evening...i mean why not - does it take that much effort from me if i reply or ask questions to people that a near and around me? no it really doesnt, it doesnt take a great effort, it is very easy - and you know what it is actually funny...i guess you can change these small little things if you really want to, however i still have to admit that i hate people bumbing into me on the street or in the bus - but this is because i am sick this way - i get nervous and close to panic attacts when people i dont know comes to close to me...so imagine me during the weekends when i am in the bar drunk!!!! ping ponging from one side to the other having panic - that must look so funny!

so my advice to all of you great people out there - dont get to close to me, because i might go crazy - no seriously, try to smile a little bit more, try to laugh just a little bit more.. and start to enjoy a bit more...dont be so serious all the time... and especially now with this type of weather, fuj, that gets the worst out in me, but hey stay optimistic only 6 months and then the weather will be better....

so till our next time :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was looking for your blog, finally I've found it!And this is the first time I will react to someone's article..I feel little bit excited about it:))
I have to react because you wrote like from my soul..(and I also want to get more traffic)During my normal student day there is always a lot of people around me,noise, I speak, they speak.....so in the evening I really appreciate silence..and although most the people find me like always smilling person I would not advice to anybody to meet me in the morning.I’m living in a student residence in the room with two girls so you can imagine how calm is that place.Lack of quiet place made me angry often enough. But what happend this year? Because of the destiny or the accident I ended in the room with two girls that I didnt know before. One of these girls speaks all the time. She starts when her eyes open and finishes when she falls asleep.At first I wasn’t very happy but I accepted it beacause we haven’t known each other yet so I tolerated more..and then it happend..when she starts in the morning to talk to me, to ask me something, I answer, ask and talk too..when she talks to me, she is always smilling and the result is that this little morning conservation makes me more positive and gets me into funny mood for almost whole day..
So it doesn’t hurt so much to smile and talk little bit to people we meet on our way to school or work. The result can be huge, it really can make your and others people day sunnier:)

 
View blog authority Development and Growth Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory XING